Last night was a bad night, we got some bad news. My husband’s friend who is in the hospital will have to undergo dialysis, which also means he’ll have to have surgery to be able to do that. I didn’t know there are other reasons to get dialysis than diabetes. From what I read on Davita’s website, there are several that least to Kidney Disease. Someone with Hypertension (High Blood Pressure), can develop Kidney Disease because high blood pressure damages your arteries- the small ones go first – and the kidneys happen to have small arteries. Your kidneys, if you didn’t know filter your blood of impurities, and help stabilize your blood pressure.
When I was pregnant I had Preeclampsia which is a combination of high blood pressure and protein in the urine only when you are pregnant… I didn’t realize how dangerous it is to have high blood pressure. I mean, you hear that high blood pressure is bad, diabetes bad, cancer bad, high cholesterol bad, obesity bad… But unless you know someone who went through it – you don’t know how it effects your body. I know a lot about diabetes, because both my grandma’s were diabetic and my parents are too. I’ve seen the ugliness of it. My dad has heart disease, high cholesterol, and neuropathy just from being diabetic. My mom has high blood pressure with her diabetes.
This is one of the main reasons that I’m trying to lose weight and get healthy. I do NOT want to have these health problems and I do NOT want to put my child through this. I don’t want him to ever see me in the hospital unless I’m having a baby or something. It’s painful to see your parent in the hospital or anyone for that matter. Being obese for my height, I am at a higher risk for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, among other things. My health screening at work, that sort of kicked started me into getting healthy- my blood pressure was a little high, and my cholesterol wasn’t horrible but my good cholesterol should be higher and my bad cholesterol should be lower. And my BMI, was 47.6, which is obese.
I am very glad I decided to start the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge, because it can lower your cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure. It helps me build muscle and lose fat. These shakes in combination with my new exercise routine, I’m on a track to weight loss and a Healthier, Happier ME.
- Medical Moment: When was the last time you checked your Blood Pressure? (marchingcentral.wordpress.com)
- What is Preeclampsia – Symptoms – Pregnancy Complications (everydayfamily.com)
- Pregnant Women With High Blood Pressure May Be At Increased Risk For Cardiovascular Disease (medicalnewstoday.com)
- NationalIncontinence.com Celebrates National Kidney Month (prweb.com)
- Children on Dialysis (repressedexpressions.wordpress.com)
- Nine foods that lower blood pressure (steveblankjrcpt.wordpress.com)
- Pre-eclampsia, High BP in Pregnancy Tied to Higher Diabetes Risk (medindia.net)
- Under pressure: Preventing and managing high blood pressure (momentumblog.bcm.edu)
- Diabetes (sexualhealth7.wordpress.com)
- Belly Fat May Be Tied to Kidney Damage (news.health.com)
Tags: 90 day challenge, Blood, Blood pressure, BMI, body by vi, Body mass index, burn belly fat, calories, cardio, challenge, changes, Cholesterol, Davita, Diabetes mellitus, diabeties, diet, Eating healthy, energy, exercise, fat, fitness, food, food is my frenemy, goals, health, health concious, healthy, Hypertension, journey to weightloss, knee injury, lazy, losing weight, Map my Walk, move, Over eating, pedometer, Physical exercise, pounds, Pre-eclampsia, progress, sedentary job, self restraint, Shopping, stress, Support Groups, sweat is fat crying, walking, Weight loss, workout